SUMMARY: Memory

From: Blom, Wayne <wayne.blom_at_faulding.com.au>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 1996 13:20 +0930

Thanx for all the great replies.

My original querie was for information on where to find TOP or some other
utility for examining memory usage on a running system.

I started out thanking people individually but ended up with so much great
information that I had to stop.

Consensus was

TOP from;

ftp://eecs.nwu.edu/pub/top

or

ftp://ftp.eng.umd.edu/pub/alpha/alpha-top-3.3beta.tar.gz

We have had considerable problems with our link over the past week so I have
not yet successfully pulled it down from either site.

Monitor was also provided as;

ftp://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/DEC/monitor.alpha.Z

This I have successfully retrieved but not yet built.

Finally Randy Hayman (haymanr_at_icefog.sois.alaska.edu) sent me some code that
he had written which gives a snapshot of the system at intervals. This I
have up and running on 3.2c and the results are great for quick glances.

Thanks to all who replied.

Wayne Blom
Systems Manager
F.H Faulding & Co. Limited