Can non-root user add FTP user accounts?

From: Rick Beebe <BEEBE_at_BIOMED.MED.YALE.EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 10:00:33 -0500 (EST)

I have a user on one of my machines who does data processing for people
around the country. They send him some data, he fiddles with it, generates
statistics, etc, and then returns the results to them. Some of these
results are very large (upwards of 10 megs) and he would like to put them
somewhere where the clients can FTP them. Here's the problem--I would like
him to be able to create accounts for these clients (FTP only), but I don't
want to give him root access on the machine. Is this possible?

Thanks.

     Rick Beebe (203) 785-4566
     Data Network Operations FAX: (203) 737-4037
     Biomedical Computing Unit Richard.Beebe_at_yale.edu
     Yale University School of Medicine
     333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06510