networker compression-Hardware or software?

From: Sheila Hollenbaugh <shollen_at_valhalla.cs.wright.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 11:03:59 -0500 (EST)

We recently upgraded out TZ867 jukebox to a TZ877N, which provides
hardware compression. Up to now, we have been using the compression
which is provided in software with Networker/NSR. Now we are
continuing to use the software compression plus have the hardware
compression turned on as well. We are seeing a significant increase
in capacity, but are wondering if we should turn the software
compression off and let the hardware do the job. Has anyone
experimented with this or seen any literature on the subject?
If it matters, we are running OSF 3.2C with Networker 3.1A.

Thanks!

--Sheila
----
Sheila Hollenbaugh       Sr. Computer Systems Engineer
Wright State University  College of Engineering & Computer Science
Dayton, OH 45435  Voice: (513) 873-5077  FAX: (513) 873-5009
shollen_at_cs.wright.edu    or    shollen_at_valhalla.cs.wright.edu