Networking Error, need a nudge in the right direction

From: Burch Seymour <bseymour_at_encore.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 11:27:29 -0500 (EST)

I'm running an Alpha with DU 3.2d. I don't know all the in's and out's of
network setup/admin so maybe I just need to know where to look for this.

I recently downloaded Netscape 2.1 for Alpha and it works fine...
except.. for talking to our company internal home page located on
a machine in the same room.

When I try to load that page I get an X box that says:
"Network error occurred while Nestscape was receiving data.
 Connection reset by peer. Try connecting again"

The odd thing is I've used this same Netscape to ftp several-megabyte
files from across the country. I can, from a shell prompt, ftp to
the local machine (where the home page is located) and ftp
mulit-meg files back and forth with no obvious errors. But try and
get this few-K HTML file and, no go..

Can anyone suggest a place to start looking?

Many thanks.

--
This message from,			Encore Computer Corporation MS/407
Burch Seymour                           6901 W Sunrise Boulevard