Polycenter Networker B&R for OSF/1

From: Thomas Karpowski Jr. <thomas_at_her-cher.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 16:27:06 EST

I am having some confusion with my backup system on my host. The
host is Alpha 2100 275MHz, 128 mb ram, osf1 v3.2, Polycenter
Networker backup/restore v3.0, tlz07dat autoloader.

I have a concept problem and no manuals. Please help...

There is only one host...client and server, software and tape drive
are all local. I realized I was severely low on disk space. In
networker, I went operation/index/reclaim space. All my backups:
daily, monthly, projects, were in the pool default. Now when I try
to restore from a certain volume, recover/file/change browse time, I
don't see the proper files for the specific volume/time. I can see
the volumes in volume management, although not under change browse
time.

I ran scanner w/ the -i option. It appeared to put the files in the
index for that session only. After I close networker, the files
aren't in the index. Should I delete the volume from volume
management and re-run scanner...?

Can someone point me to some documentation or explain how to recover
these volume indexes permenantly. Also how can I set this so it
doesn't happen again. Using pools...?

Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

Thomas Karpowski Jr