Terminal servers

From: <p.g.key_at_bham.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 11:05:18 GMT

Hello managers

I am in the market for an 8 or 16 port terminal server to hook up to an
Alpha 200. I intend to use the TS for dial-in SLIP connections to allow
remote users to access email via POP WWW Telnet etc (Internet services). I
am after one which will not need me to "logout port x" after the server
software fails to detect the proper signal sequence from a disconnecting
modem i.e. a robust, solid server that will run with modems consistently and
reliably. If anyone out there (maybe already running PPP/SLIP dialin remote
access) knows of such a terminal server please let me know.

Cheers

Paul