[Q] How do I enable syslog information to go to anotber host

From: SYSTEM SUPPORT <SYSTEM_SF_at_unode2.nswc.navy.mil>
Date: 4 Apr 96 13:13:00 EST

Hi,

I'm running DEC UNIX 3.2C and 3.2D. I'm trying to configure one machine that
handles all the syslogs from a group of machines. When I modify
/etc/syslog.conf and put in something like

mail.debug _at_machine_to_log

machine_to_log is the nodename of the machine where I want the stuff to go. I
then restart syslogd. I then do something to cause an event to be logged. (I
also have mail.debug pointing to a file on local machine and I see the stuff
there).

I'm not seeing anything show up on the other machine. Is there something I need
to enable on the other machine? A different syntax to be used on this machine?

Thanks,

Sheila

** Sheila H. Franklin **
** Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division **
** 17320 Dahlgren Road **
** Code N861 **
** Dahlgren, VA 22448-5000 **
** Phone: (540) 653-8705 **
** Internet: sfrankl_at_.nswc.navy.mil **