SUMMARY: name of lockfile used by yppasswdd?

From: Paul Sears <sears_at_tree.egr.uh.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 96 10:41:16 -0500

Original Question:

> Does anyone know what the name of the lockfile that is used by yppasswdd to
lock the passwd file when a password is changed/updated?

> We have some home brew perl scripts that add accounts to passwd file in
> /var/yp/src/passwd, then do a make and up to now, we have simply ignored
> file locking. I played with yppasswdd in the past and I identified the
> lock file but I neglected to write it down and our current environment
> doesn't allow me the luxury of tracing yppasswdd (we are now a very
> busy cluster!). So again, does anyone know the name of the file used
> by yppasswd to show that the passwd file is locked??

Answer:

/var/yp/src/passwd.ptmp

Thanks to:

        Paul A Sand <pas_at_unh.edu>
        Wayne Jennings Wayne.Jennings_at_jcu.edu.au
        Spider Boardman <spider_at_orb.nashua.nh.us>
        Mark Zander mark.zander_at_sheridanc.on.ca

_________
 Paul S. Sears * sears_at_uh.edu (NeXT Mail OK)
The University of Houston * <URL:http://www.egr.uh.edu/~sears/>
Engineering Computing Center * System Administration
"Programming is like sex: One mistake and you support it a lifetime."
******* I do not represent the University of Houston *********