[S] NSR question on DU <-> Solaris

From: 0000 <0000-Admin>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 11:40:01 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks to all who replied!

Original message:
> We are running a hybrid network of DU and Solaris machines. We have
> Legato Networker v4.1 for Solaris 2.3. We are also running DU 3.2C.
> I've been told (and somewhat confirmed by looking at archives of this
> list) that 3.2C has the NSR client built into it however, the nsrexecd
> daemon that is supposed to reside in /usr/bin doesn't, no man page,
> nothing. I also looked at the packages installed and not installed (with
> setld -i) and couldn't find any mention of anything.
>
> So, my question is what do we have to do to enable the DU machines as
> clients for the Solaris machine running Networker?
>
> Also, any quick tips or anything would be appreciate given this situation.
>
> - Thank you!
> Brad Block

BRXNSSALPHA310 NetWorker SingleServer Save and Restore
BRXNSSDOC310 NetWorker SingleServer Documentation & Rel. Notes
BRXNSSMAN310 NetWorker SingleServer Reference Pages.

for Networker SingleServer on the DU 3.2C Operating System CD-ROM. The
installation and setup was performed by setld and no additional licenses
were installed using lmf. setld also updated files in the /etc tree,
added nsrd to the startup group, and started the daemons. One interesting
point to note is that when the nsrd daemon was started, the console log
reported a particular license was not found but starting starting
singleserver anyway. I am assuming this is expected behavior since I
don't have the license for the POLYCENTER NSR Server.

Anyway, I still haven't tested this with the Solaris because I have to
yet install Networker on that machine as well!

I will summarize again on how it works out (between the DU and Solaris
boxes).

- Thank you!
Brad Block