[Q] Mounting disk that contains ADVFS

From: Mahendra Vallabh (Mike) <"Mahendra>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 18:51:35 +1200

Hi all,

I have been given a 9GB disk that I know contains an advanced filesystem.
I know the name of the domains and the filesets in the domains. So, how do
I mount the disk up.

IMPORTANT: I have an Alpha 2000/300 AXP that has just been completely
installed with Digital Unix 3.2C.

So far I have done the following, after having read through the archives:

cd /etc
mkdir -p fdmns/whopper - whopper is one of the domains

There was also a root domain as well but I don't need that.
Anyway,

cd fdmns/whopper
ln -s /dev/rz1c rz1c

I then tried:

mount -t advfs whopper#users /mnt
This failed since the users fileset is unknown, so I created it.

mkfset whopper users
mount -t advfs whopper#users /mnt -yeah it mounts

cd /mnt
ls
Oh no, where are all my files???
There is only a .tags directory and two quota files.

What am I doing wrong? Can I no longer get access to the data on this
disk?

I will be away for the next 4 days, so I will summarise then.
Thanks for your time.

 /------------------------------------------------------------------------\
 | Mahendra Vallabh (Mike) |
 | Analyst Programmer/Network Administrator |
 | Physics Department |
 | School of Science |
 | University of Waikato Phone: +64 (7) 856 2889 ext. 6508 |
 | Hamilton Fax: +64 (7) 838 4219 |
 | NZ Email: mike_at_cs.waikato.ac.nz |
 | |
 | Out the 10Base-T, through the router, down the T1, over the leased |
 | line, off the bridge, past the firewall...nothing but Net |