HP Laserjet 4M - again

From: Gordon Findlay, Computer Scientist <GORDON_at_chmeds.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 16:51:14 +1200 (NZST)

Date sent: 26-APR-1996 16:46:30

I'm sorry to bring this up again - there has been discussion on the list before
I know,.

I'm attempting to set up an HJLJ4MPlus, using a JetDirect J2552A interface. I
have found several printcap and bootp entries in the list archives, and have
reached the point where it will print text, but not postscript, whether I use
autosensing or not.

Text prints fine; PS files disappear from the queue, but nothing prints.

The printcap entry is

lp0|laser|hp4M:\
        :af=/usr/adm/lpacct:\
        :if=/usr/lbin/hplaser4psof:\
        :ct=network:\
        :lf=/usr/adm/lperr:\
        :lp=:\
        :of=/usr/lbin/hplaser4psof:\
        :rm=laser:\
        :rp=text:\
        :sd=/usr/spool/lpd:\
        :sh:

The frustrating thing is that it works fine (autosensing and all) from a VMS
system!

Any ideas where to look for my mistake?

Cheers,
Gordon
--
Gordon Findlay,  Computer Scientist, Christchurch School of Medicine
                 Nuclear-free New Zealand       !My life would be easier if