AdvFS filesystems won't empty

From: Kevin Lentin <kevinl_at_cs.monash.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 6 May 1996 16:56:01 +1000 (EST)

Over the last weekend I did some transferring of filesets from one domain
to another (in order to create the new domain with -x 1024) and eventually
moved all the volumes from the old domain into the new one and renamed it,
etc.

The thing I found strange, however, was that after I had removed all files
from one fileset (.tags, ., .., quota.user & quota.group were the only
remaining files), it showed 40 meg used. showfsets told me there were 42
files taking up about 40 meg. I unmounted the fileset (so I know nobody had
any files open) and then showfsets said there were 5 files containing about
600k (which was correct). I mounted it again and it went back to 42 meg.

Anybody know what that 42 meg is? My mail spool is a 150mb AdvFS fileset in
a domain of its own with 2 volumes in that domain. It's been slowly getting
fuller with no sign of who is occupying excessive space. Is this the same
thing happening?

I've defragmented and balanced the domains and that didn't make a
difference. Any ideas?

--
[ Kevin Lentin                 |finger kevinl_at_fangorn.cs.monash.edu.au| ]