SUMMARY: Syslog Error Message ?

From: Andrew C. Saylor <asaylor_at_alpha.comsource.net>
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 07:52:42 -0500 (CDT)

Well, I got one responce back on this one. A suggestion to make sure that
temporary file space was available. A good sugestion but, unfortunatly,
not my problem. Thanks anyway all!

-Andy Saylor, Systems Administration

acs> All,
acs>
acs> I have been seeing the following in the /var/adm/messages file for the
acs> past couple weeks:
acs>
acs> May 7 11:08:19 alpha syslog: Error Performing Final Write: Broken pipe
acs> May 8 14:44:41 alpha syslog: Error Performing Final Write: Broken pipe
acs> May 10 15:05:00 alpha syslog: Error Performing Final Write: Broken pipe
acs>
acs> It is very sporatic. Sometimes it dosn't occure for several days,
acs> sometimes several times a day.
acs>
acs> Any clues on this? The syslog facility has been running fine on the
acs> Alpha 2100 (dUnix 3.2b) for 6 months without problem. And the syslog is
acs> still working fine. I can see normal messages from INN and NAMED etc...
acs>
acs> I dont see this message in any of the /var/adm/syslog.dated/ files
acs> either.
acs>
acs> TIA All!! I will summarize.