DEC COBOL and SyBASE

From: Dexel <dexel-db_at_iafrica.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 11:31:03 +0200 (GMT+0200)

We are at wits end here, with DEC COBOL and Sybase.

DEC COBOL is installed fine. DEC COBOL programs work fine. After
battling with trying to compile an embedded SQL program, and
finding that we need a -names "UPPER" during the compile,
we managed to get it to compile.

When we run it however we get an error message to the effect that
'there is no message for this error'. We get this during the
CTBINIT call.

I know that this probably isn't exactly destined for this mailing
list ... however we don't know wether it is a DU problem or
a Sybase problem. Sounds pretty much like a Sybase problem though.

Anybody succesfully compiled and run Embedded SQL COBOL programs
accessing SYBASE ?

ANY help would be appreciated.

- Carl

PS. If you don't mind me calling you, supply a telephonephone number !