Setting up an INN news server

From: Glenn Schmid <GSCHMID_at_ccmail.sunysb.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 10:44:23 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all!

   We are about to install INN (Usenet news transport agent) on our Alpha,
and wanted to get some feedback from sites that have already done this.
(I think another person posted similar questions recently.)

   1) The config file is very platform-specific and looks more ominous
than sendmail.cf. Would someone provide a diff listing between
config.dist and a functional config.data for an Alpha running DU?

   2) We plan on having Netscape PC clients use this Alpha as their
News server. Does anyone know of any problems with this?

   3) Any other insights, tips, or "gotchas", that we should be aware of
before doing this? (e.g., Header files that need to be modified,
directories that fill up rapidly, recommended fs sizes for a lightly
used server.)

   Thank you in advance. I'll summarize as soon as we get this running.

-Glenn Schmid
gschmid_at_ccmail.sunysb.edu