SUMMARY Re: Networker and default printer

From: Pam Woods, Systems Manager <axsymgr_at_UAA.ALASKA.EDU>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 1996 10:00:41 -0800

The main result was to edit the resource file /nsr/res/nsr.res

but the trick is you must reboot or restart the daemon before
the next run of nsr. It replaces this file nightly! and if you make
the change and restart it, it will remember it and write the change
from that point on.

I found this out because I made the change on 2 machines and only
one of the two it stuck... and it had been rebooted. On the 2nd
machine that wasn't still working, I checked that I hadn't made a
typo. My change was gone! and the file had changed. So if you make
the change and reboot (or I suspect just restart the daemon) it will
remember that change because it will read this file when it starts.

Sheila also pointed out that I might want to send the
output to something that can do landscape mode (if a laser printer) as
sometimes the printouts are a bit wide.

Thanks Sheila for the help!

The other responses related to the profile files etc...which
networker seems to ignore. Tim Mooney pointed out that
there is a networker group you can subscribe to... at majordomo_at_iphase.com
send a lists command there for more info.

hope this helps others. Pam