SUMMARY: DUnix 4.0 pppd -- 2 of them?

From: Gyula Szokoly <szgyula_at_skysrv.Pha.Jhu.EDU>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 15:59:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

  Original message was:

> I'm trying to use the Dec pppd that came with the OS. Works fine, but as
> far as I know, I have only one interface, and I want to have two (both servers),
> one on each serial line. How to do this? Found /usr/sys/HOSTNAME/ppp.h,
> where I changed the 1 to 2, but made no difference.
> What is the trick?

  The trick is:

/etc/sysconfigtab:

#
# PPP interfaces
#
ppp:
   nppp = 2

  I did not have a chance to test this, but after reboot, I get:
# ifconfig -a
ppp0: flags=10<POINTOPOINT>

ppp1: flags=10<POINTOPOINT>

so I'm probably fine. If you do a

% /sbin/sysconfig -Q ppp

you get:
ppp:
nppp - type=INT op=CQ min_val=1 max_val=1024
lock_debug - type=INT op=CRQ min_val=0 max_val=1

so it *might* support more than 2 interfaces (as opposed to the ppp package
that I used under 3.X). You can to change the nppp parameter on a hot
system:

# sysconfig -r ppp nppp=2
nppp: attribute does not allow this operation

Gyula