SUMMARY: ld will not work over NFS

From: James W Walden <jw63+_at_andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 13:07:41 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks to all who responded. Several people pointed out that the problem
was likely the result of an NFS bug and Juan Gallego indicated that the
latest NFS patches (patchSG0001102 and patchSG0001391) for IRIX 5.3 should
fix the problem.

I'm looking into getting the patches, but currently I'm using a fix that
Mike Iglesias suggested. By using the -o nfsv2 option to the mount command,
NFS falls back to v2 for the connection. Using this version of NFS has
cured all of the problems I have been having with NFS mounted disks.

James (http://www-hep.phys.cmu.edu:8001/~walden)
 "Truth decays into beauty, while beauty soon becomes merely charm. Charm
  ends up as strangeness, and even that doesn't last, but up and down are
  forever." - The Laws of Physics