Telnet to 90TL

From: Mak Andrew <Andrew.Mak_at_MIS.SYDNEY.nestleau.nestle.com>
Date: 19 Jul 96 09:38 HDT

Hello all,

I have post the following messages 1 week ago. However, since then our mail
gateway broke down and I can't receive any mail. So if there is anyone who
replied to me, please send their replies to me again. Sorry about this and
thank you again.

Just wonder there is anyone who succeed in telnet to a DECserver 90TL in a
script. When ftp in a script, I can use a here document to include all the
commands I want to issue to the remote machine. But telnet to a machine does
not get pass the initial stage, anyone get any idea?

The script below is what I use to try to telnet

     #!/bin/ksh
     telnet TERMINAL_SERVER << EOF
     access
     broadcast po 1 "Hello"
     lo
     EOF

and I get the following result

     Connected to TERMINAL_SERVER
     Escape character is '^]'.
     Connection closed by foreign host.

It seems that I have connected to the server but somehow it fails to go
further. Any idea please email to me directly on

Andrew.Mak_at_MIS.SYDNEY.nestleau.nestle.com

and I will summarise.

Thank you in advance.

Andrew Mak