hp printer filter for an HP laserjet 5simx

From: Diane Ibaraki <diane_at_uhheph.phys.hawaii.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 09:01:54 -1000 (HST)

Hello DEC Unix Managers,

        I just purchased a HP laserjet 5simx and replaced the ethernet
card with a XCD Xjet IV card. I now have one queue that supports both
postscript and text. I have just received the duplexer so now the printer
can print on both sides of paper.

        My question: It there a hp filter that will use
the -K option on the lpr command to turn on duplexing? I need the
duplexing to work independent of whether the incoming file is text or
postscript. Or are there other solutions to handling duplex print?

My current printcap looks like this:

hpv217|hplj5:\
        :lp=:\
        :rm=hplj5:\