SUMMARY: ctape_strat: READ case and density info not valid....

From: Kurt Carlson <SXKAC_at_orca.alaska.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 13:36:54 -0800

My original question:

> We have a 2100-5/250 under DU 3.2d-1 with NSR v3.2 which recently started
> generating continual console messages like:
>
> ctape_strat: READ case and density info not valid....
>
> We had previously seen messages like this during system startup with NSR
> startup (apparently), but only two... they are now constant and filling
> up the console log. We have never seen this on our other systems.
>
> What might be generating them and how do I make them stop?

The messages went constantly to the console for 6 days and mysteriously
stopped just as they mysteriously started. They both stopped and started
after hours when nobody was around. There were no configuration changes
which initiated them. The only application using tapes on the system
is NSR which was backing up, cloning, and restoring without any indication
of problems during the week this was happening.

Thanks for trying to:
        Ry Jones <RJONES_at_hbsi.com>
        IWM_at_UVO.DEC.COM

CSC's response was that NSR is not affected by them and to re-open the
problem if it starts hapening again. Oh well. If anybody else has
any clue, please let me know. Kurt Carlson, U of Alaska