Adding 4.3gb Quantum to StorageWorks

From: managers account <managers_at_mannet.mcb.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 15:38:58 +0100 (BST)

THis is a followup not a summary which I will send later if I ever sort
the problems out!
MAKEDEV is better for getting the correct system files in place before
you use disklabel.
The next two items then went fine ie creating the initial label and then
editing same plus an additional disklabel -r to see that everything
looked ok.
The command
newfs /dev/rrz2a
resulted in :

Warning 1908 sectors in last cylinder unallocated.
/dev/rrz2a 131072 sectors in 61 cylinders of 20 tracks 109 sectors
67.1MB in 4 cyl groups (16 c/g, 17.86MB/g, 4096 i/g)
super block backups (for fsck -b #) at: write error: 48
wtfs: I/O error

There was no fault light on the disk but the access light was permanently
on and the # prompt was on the console.

We pulled the drive out (hot swap ok?) and put it back in after 30 secs
when both access and fault lights came on and stayed on.

Is this a defective disk which just showed up when newfs was run on the
first partition? Or is it something else we've done wrong?
Stuart McKenzie