[Q] Poor man HSM for DEC Unix

From: Christophe Sawicki <chris_at_cae.ca>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 96 20:11:45 EDT

I am looking for a software tool which:

  - would provide a MINIMAL subset of the typical Historical Storage Manager
     functions such as file expiry time management, automatic removal of
     expired files, query interface to the file catalogue, automatic backup
     of selected expired files prior to their removal, activity logger and
     browser, etc. (BTW, I don't want to use POLYCENTER HSM because of its
     requirement for a dedicated optical jukebox);

  - would ideally be available from DEC (but I would also consider the
     solutions developed/provided by third parties or currently available
     in the public domain).

Any help, pointers and/or useful ideas will be greatly appreciated. I will
summarize.

Christophe Sawicki
chris_at_cae.ca