SUMMARY: identd (pidentd)

From: UW-Platteville Gopher and WWW Admin. <GOPHERADMIN_at_uwplatt.edu>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 1996 09:40:59 -0500 (CDT)

I knew I should have posted this summary right after I got the first two (Out
of 18) responses. Thnaks for everybody's help.

Well th eprogram is really called pidentd. And it is maintained at the
official site over on the other side of the big pond.

I installed the source from the first site I have listed. It was easier to
compile than a hello world program.

SO here are the responses I got.
P.S> I think the official release (located at the last site) is up to 2.8xxxxx.
P.P.S. The first site compiled right out of the tar on DU 4.0

     Well, I am by no means an official distribution site, but I
greatly encourage the use of identd, and have a copy on my ftp site:

ftp://ftp.bus.miami.edu/admin/pidentd-2.7a7.tar.gz

It should compile just very easily.

------------

The package is actually called pidentd. The latest version can be found
at:

ftp://ftp.lysator.liu.se/pub/ident/servers/pidentd-2.7b3.tar.gz

  Michael R. Kline
--------
The official site for Ident is:

ftp://ftp.lysator.liu.se/pub/ident/