Netstat very large Ierrs

From: Paul Dickison <pauld_at_mailhost.clackamas.cc.or.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 08:05:53 -0800

Hello All,

Last week A netstat -ia showed an Ierrs count
in excess of 200. But just yesterday the count
jumped up to 4400. It is my understanding that
this is reflective of a problem with the network
connected to our DEC. It might be caused by a
bad Ethernet card sending out corrupted
frames.

 My questions are:

1) What is the system cost of such high
network interface error count? Can this impact
system performance?

2) Is this still a curiosity or a crises? At 200
Ierrs this seamed to be something to watch,
but at 4400 should this now be a priority to fix?

3) Do the users with these BAD Ethernet cards
need to be attached to the DEC or simply
logged on to our Novell 3.11 network?

4) Anything you can suggest to help?

Thanks
-Paul