nonclock device interrupts

From: Robert R. Schneider <robert_at_brazos.pe.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 10:40:15 -0500 (CDT)

Hi;

I've got a DEC-3000/500 running DU 4.0 that is giving me a large number
of nonclock device interrupts. vmstat shows something on the average of
30K per second nonclock device interrupts. netstat and iostat both show
things as being somewhat normal so my suspicion is that the source of the
problem is something like a bad cable or a bad ground associated with
either external SCSI devices or possibly the I/O controller board itself.
uerf doesn't show any class errors or records though that indicate any
kind of problem. Other than being sluggish the machine boots and does
what it should.

Does anyone know of any tools for further diagnosing the problem? DEC
Field Service has mentioned something called DECEvent but can't tell me at
this time whether it's available for DU.

Thanks ....

Robert Schneider

Robert R. Schneider email: robert_at_pe.utexas.edu
Department of Petroleum and Geosystems Engineering phone: +1 512 471 3225
The University of Texas at Austin fax: +1 512 471 9605