Xserver colormap leaks?

From: Menelaos N. Karamichalis <mnk_at_wuerl.wustl.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 12:11:14 -0500 (CDT)

Someone on this list had mentioned something like this but I was not able to
locate the post or a resolution on the mailing list's archives. I have
repeatedly noticed a difference since I upgraded to 4.0 from 3.2c in that
the entries in the colormap do not seem to get released. Even when running
netscape with the -install option images are starting to look bad. I
noticed this behavior after using xv, netscape plus some other X utilities
from the freeware 4.0 CD. Is there a patch for this or am I one of the few
to observe this behavior?

TIA

Menelaos Nicholaos Karamichalis, M.S. mnk_at_wuerl.wustl.edu
Electronic Radiology Lab, Mallinckrodt Institute Of Radiology, St Louis, MO
                                          http://www.erl.wustl.edu/mnk.html
           A home with no books is like a house with no windows