[SUMMARY] spanning monitors with X

From: Clifford Krieger <ckrieger_at_psi.prc.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 13:07:30 -0400 (EDT)

My original question was this:

     I have a user with a couple of Aplha 400s that each have 3 video
cards. They are running DU 3.2c. Each screen can be addressed via the
normal convention of hostname:0 hostname:1 hostname:2. What we would like
to do is be able to have a giant vitual screen that will span all three
monitors. Digital tells us that this capability was left out of thier X
server. Does anybody have any ideas about how we can accomplish our goals?

I got answeres from the following: