SUMMARY: reading PDF format

From: Drew Ibbotson <wwibbd_at_itwhy.bhp.com.au>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 16:59:53 +0930

Hi folks,

My query concerned an alternative to Adobe's Acrobat reader for DU. Thanks
to the following people for their responses which in some cases was within
minutes of my posting:
        Bjorn S. Nilsson
        Steffen Kluge
        Herve DEMARTHE
        Menelaos Nicholaos Karamichalis
        Larry Griffith
        David J. Fagan
        gary gladney
        Andrew Sammut
        and numerous more (apologies for those not listed - wouldn't want
        to bore readers any more than necessary)

The concensus was of course xpdf available from
        http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/usr/dn0o/xpdf/xpdf.html

Other suggestions were aladdin ghostscript available from
        http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/
in association with a new ghostview from Johannes Plass
        ftp://iphthf.physik.uni-mainz.de/pub/gv/unix/gv_2_7_b5.tar.gz

The second option I have yet to try.

Thanks again to all.

PS - Apologies for the apparent delay. I have sent this out once already but did not see it on the list.

Drew Ibbotson, Unix Systems Administrator, BHP Information Technology
Address: PO Box 21, Whyalla, Australia 5600
Phone: +61 86 404596 Fax: +61 86 404760
Email: drewi_at_itwhy.bhp.com.au _or_ wwibbd_at_lpdwhy.bhp.com.au