strange X problems

From: Pope, Jan - BDRC <pope_at_bdrc.bd.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1996 16:49:16 -0400

Hello,

I have a really strange X problem.

One of my users has an Alpha 3000 workstation running osf v3.2 214.
 Version 1.1 of netscape is installed on this machine and runs fine. I
tried to install Netscape 3.0 today and am getting all kinds of X-related
errors. They seem to be related to
netscape 3.0 either generating the wrong window primitives with errors in
the parameters or not being able to open the window on the "local:0.0"
display.

I've tried doing "xhost +", then running netscape. Doesn't work. I've move
the XkeysmyDB to /usr/lib/X11/app-defaults. Doesn't help. I've looked at
the xdm and mwm configuration files.

What I do know is this "condition" is specific to this machine. I have
other alpha running the same versioon of osf that run netscape 3 with no
problems.

Anyone have any ideas....

Thanks in advance...

Jan Pope