Hard error detected

From: Paul Petty <ppetty_at_bahamas.net.bs>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 19:02:15 -0400 (EDT)

On an ALpha 2100 Dec OSF v3.2

When rebooting the system we get this error message:

Hard error detected
dec rz29b
active ccb at time of error
bus sequence failure dev/rrz2c: cannot read block 1136
/dev/rrz2c: unexpected inconsistency
run fsks manually
automatic reboot failed
run fsck manually
repair file system then reboot (/sbin/reboot)

We ran fsck on /dev/rrz2c a number of times each time fixing different
inconsistencies.
But the system reboots with the same error message.

What does this mean and how can we get this fixed???

If you require any further information I'll be glad to provide it for you.

Thanks
Paul