Lockups on 2000 w/ DU 4.0

From: Bob Frady <bob_at_daystrom.haywood.cc.nc.us>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 11:02:50 -0400 (EDT)

Has anyone had any problems with machine lockups on a 2000-300 running DU
4.0?

About once every two weeks or so, this machine will simply lock-up, no
crash dump or anything... Just freezes...

About the same time, I upgraded to DU 4.0, I also installed some new RAM,
so I'm not sure whether its the software causing the problem, or if I
have a bad SIMM. It tests OK with the onboard "TEST MEM".

However, I did get one crash dump this week with the following panic
message in the crash-data file:

panic (cpu 0): Machine check - Hardware error
syncing disks... DUMP.prom: dev SCSI 1 6 0 0 0 0 JENS-IO, block 131072
DUMP.prom: dev SCSI 1 6 0 0 0 0 JENS-IO, block 131072

This problem has been occuring for about two months now, and the above
was the only time it did a crash-dump.

Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Bob Frady