SUMMARY - sessions timing out

From: Trish <trisha_at_animal.blarg.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 10:16:18 -0700 (PDT)

     .-. .-.
    / \ .-. .-. / \
   / \ / \ .-. _ .-. / \ / \
  / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \
 / \ / \ / `-' `-' \ / \ / \
            \ / `-' `-' \ /
             `-' `-'
Trisha Stouffer
trisha_at_blarg.net

It turned out it was the application that had an autologout feature. Thanks for the advice on the shells.

Trish

Many thanks to the following people:

Pal Baranyai

Many shells have "autologout" feature.
Eg. in tcsh you can set autologout variable to log out or lock the shell
after a given number of minutes of inactivity. Maybe in user's login
profile or cshrc you can find something similar:
set autologout=20

Mark Van Overbeke

Tcsh does have the capability to have an idle timeout
so that if you are idle for x amount of time, you get logged out. I don't
know if csh has that ability, but I know tcsh does. Maybe that helps?

Gustavo

% set autologout=5

Sets idle autologout to five mins.

Toomas Toomsalu

Have you checked autologout?

ciim> set
argv ()
autologout 60
cwd /u2/ciim
history 50

Tim Medlock

I had the same problem awhile back on my HP workstation.
Echo the environment variable autologout. To disable the "feature", set the
value to zero in your login file. I am not sure where the global value is set.

echo $autologout
set autologout=0