Moving an Oracle database

From: Jorge L. Noyola Picazzo <jpicazzo_at_mex.cummins.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 08:46:03 -0500

Hello,

I'm not sure if this should be on the list but here it goes anyway: I
got an Alpha 2000/433 running OSF/1 3.2. We have Oracle installed in one
of our file systems, and both the product and the data are installed on
this file system. Since this file system is now 99% full, I would like
to move the data to a different filesystem. I don't want to reinstall
all the product (specially since I'm a newbie to Oracle) so I thought
that I might just move the data directory to a different filesystem and
then just put a link where the data used to be pointing to the new
directory. Do you think this is possible? Thanks in advance for your
comments.

Jorge L. Noyola Picazzo | Internet: jpicazzo_at_mex.cummins.com
Systems Analyst | Phone: +52 (48) 24-0005 x1165
Cummins Engine Co., Mexico Plant | Fax: +52 (48) 24-0231