Trying to add packetfilter to kernel

From: John Banghart <john_at_success.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 15:15:12 -0400

I am trying to add the packetfilter capability to my DEC 3000, running
DU 4.0.

I added an 'options PACKETFILTER' to my conf file but when I rebuilt,
that didn't seem to do anything. So, I poked around a bit, and changed
the value in packetfilter.h from 0 to 1.

I did a 'make clean', 'make depend', 'make' and at the end, I got this:

ld:
Error: Undefined:
pfilt_lockinfo
Pfilt_open
Pfilt_close
Pfilt_read
Pfilt_write
Pfilt_ioctl
Pfilt_select
pfilt_filter
pfilt_attach
pf_mcopym
pfactive
pfilt_newaddress
*** Exit 1 (ignored)
chmod 755 a.out
chmod: a.out: No such file or directory
*** Exit 4
Stop.

Now, I understand what this means, but I'm not sure how to fix it.
Linux is my native tongue, DU is just something I'm learning.

--
John Banghart
Systems Administrator