Ping Patch for 3.2c

From: Ed Jones <ejones16_at_ford.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 15:06:29 -0400 (EDT)

Hi. I have installed the patches for the ping problem on DU 3.2c and
now instead of simply causing a machine reboot, I get a:
trap: invalid memory write acess from Kernel mode
panic. I installed patch 350-248 prior to copying in the new ip_input.o
file, then rebuilt and booted the new kernel. I am wondering if others
have had any success applying these patches to a 3.2c system. I'm hoping
that something is wrong with the system I tested on rather than their
being a problem with the patches. I'll summarize.

--
Ed Jones        Internet email:  EJONES16_at_ford.com
CAD/CAM/PIM     Internal email:  ejones16_at_cadcam.pms.ford.com