FOLLOWUP: ASE v1.3 & NFS3 problems

From: Hellebo Knut <Knut.Hellebo_at_nho.hydro.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 14:13:24 +0100

Regards, managers !

The problems I reported recently is NOT related only to NFS3. We see
problems on clients regardless of which NFS protocol's in use. The only
clients that apparently run fine is AIX clients. So far the only common
denominator we have found is rpc.rquotad. We have enforced quotas on the
AdvFS filesets so the server report quota status via rpc.rquotad. The only
client architecture we have that do not utilize remote quota (NFS)
reporting is AIX. Also some of the clients report peculiarities when doing
the 'quota -v' command.
Another thing worth mentioning is that vquotacheck is looping forever when
run on a filesystem controlled by ASE (we had to turn off vquotacheck deep
down in some ASE startup script to get things going).
I really would appreciate some good hints here as this is becoming a really
serious problem (users complain about slowness/hang etc...). DEC people,
are you listening ??

      *         Knut Hellebų                     | DAMN GOOD COFFEE !! *
      *         Norsk Hydro a.s                  | (and hot too)       *
      * Phone: +47 55 996870, Fax: +47 55 996342 |                     *
      * Pager: +47 96 500718                     |                     *
      * E-mail: Knut.Hellebo_at_nho.hydro.com       | Dale Cooper, FBI    *