Possible bug in DEC Fortran?

From: Steve Timm <timm_at_charm.phy.albany.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 10:40:24 -0500 (EST)

Greetings, managers

I have been observing on several occasions something which appears
to be a bug in the DEC Fortran compiler v3.60. Namely that when
compiling in optimizing mode, code statements before a subroutine
call sometimes do not get executed properly. (Note...this is only
happening in a very extreme case where the subroutine call
has forty-some parameters in it, to be sure).

Has anyone else observed this problem?

If so, does anyone know if it is fixed in version 3.80 or other
related versions?

Who are the appropriate people to call about this bug? It is very
reproducible. I can send the code in question if necessary.

Thanks

Steve Timm