HELP: ATI Mach 64 PCI Card annoying message upon bootup

From: Guy Dallaire <dallaire_at_total.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 10:09:39 -0500

Does anyone using an ATI Mach 64 PCI Video card in an Alpha server 2100 see
the following message upon bootup (Both of my servers show this in the uerf
listing)

   eisa 0 at pci0
   fd0 at fdi0 unit 0
   vga0 at eisa0
   1024x768 (ATI64 )
   vga0: ATI Mach64-GX Rev. 3
==>Attempt to disable non-existant _interrupt -1<= This annoys me !

How come does this card show up at eisa0 ? It a PCI card, but then eisa0 is
at pci0, so maybe this is OK. BTW, these servers were factory installed by DEC.

There seems to be no problem with this, the server is running fine, the
display is OK, etc... But I don't like unanswered error messages....

I told DEC support about that but it's as if I spoke a martian dialect to
them. The vaguely told mt that this was a "normal" problem.

If anyone uses an ATI Mach 64 card in an AlphaServer 2100, please check your
uerf report and tell me if that non-existant interrupt is specific to my
setup...

                                        Thanks in advance

Guy Dallaire
dallaire_at_total.net