lp0 printer

From: Jean-Loup Risler <Jean-Loup.Risler_at_genetique.uvsq.fr>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 95 19:39:00 +0100

Dear Gurus,

I have a HP LaserColor hooked to the parallel port of my 2100 running
DU 3.2c.

Hence its "lp" entry in printcap is /dev/lp0

Now, it appears that when a user makes a mistake when trying to print
-ie the 2100 does not understand where it should print- then the print
is directed into this poor printer. Thus many ordinary files are printed
on this lasercolor and, more ennoying, since it is not a Postscript
printer it prints the Postscript sources....

I should probably put the printer onto the network. Two questions:

1) I'll have to buy a JetDirect card. Having read quite a number of
   problems about it, have you any recommendation?

2) In the meantime, how can I avoid this printer to be the "default"
   printer?

Thanks for your help,

Jean-Loup