changing a user password

From: Florian Fuchs <captain_at_sport3.uibk.ac.at>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 09:53:51 +0100 (MET)

Hi!

When I login as "root" and want to change a user's passwd, all I have to
do is a "passwd user". I just enter the new passwd and everything is fine.

However, when I login under my account and do a "su -" and then a "passwd
user", the system asks me for the old password of the user, which I
obviously don't know. Changing the password after executing a "su -" by
using "dxaccounts" works fine. Unfortunately, I am not always sitting on
a graphical terminal. Is there anything I can do except removing the old
password of the user with "edauth" and then setting a new one?

btw. I am using DU 4.0

Thanks!

-Florian Fuchs