SUM - Unable to lock maildrop

From: Mike Grau <m.grau_at_kcc.state.ks.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 08:22:38 -0600

Concerning "Unable to lock maildrop " errors on DU3.2c POPD -
Pat Lampert (Thank you!) of Digital Customer Service responded:

This problem is caused by the alpha version of popd not handling
disconnection correctly. It leaves a lock file in the spool
directory and the next time you try to read mail with pop it
refuses to because of the lock file.

The customer support center has a patch for this. Please
call 1-800-354-9000 and request the pop mail daemon patch
for case HPXQ633CC. You will need to supply a support
access number, or pay on a per call basis.

One way to work around the problem is to set up a cron job that
periodically deletes /usr/spool/pop/username.lock.

Let me think... I have that access number somewhere.
Michael Grau                   |    Kansas Corporation Commission
                               |        1500 SW Arrowhead RD
m.grau_at_kcc.state.ks.us         |      Topeka, KS 66604-4027 USA
http://www.kcc.state.ks.us     |         tel: 913.271.3236
 "All oaths shall be administered by laying the right hand upon the
 Holy Bible, or by the uplifted right hand." - Kansas Law