RPC: Authentication error

From: <mclaughl_at_nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 96 15:38:29 -0500

Greetings DU Gurus,

 I upgraded one of our alphas to DU 4.0a recently. Now it won't NFS
 mount filesystems from one particular machine (host X). Host X is
 also and alpha running DU 3.2C). And we recently got a new alpha
 running DU 4.0 and it won't NFS mount filesystems from host X either.
 However, all of the other alphas (running DU 3.x) have no problem with
 host X.

 Here's a list of the errors:

 From the command line,

   mount /home/hostx
   NFS2 getattr failed for server hostx : RPC: Authentication error
   hostx on /home/hostx: I/O error

 And in /var/adm/messages,

  vmunix: NFS2 getattr failed for server hostx: RPC: Authentication error

 None of the export/NFS files changed during the upgrade which makes it
 even more confusing.

 I hope this isn't a FAQ. Thanks in advance. I'll summerize.

Steve McLaughlin
mclaughl_at_nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov