[Q] Somewhat silly 'rsh' question

From: Karl Marble <marblek_at_city.ci.worcester.ma.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 16:22:31 -0500

Hello all...

I have a silly question about 'rsh'...

I thought it wasn't supposed to run your login shell, just rsh itself.

We're trying to run a command via rsh, but the shell for this specific user
is a small C program that'll deny a login if you're logging directly into
it and allow the login if you're 'su'-ing to it.

Right now, users using 'rsh' to get run this command are being denied
logins by this (like it's running their login shell).

Is it supposed to be like this?

Karl

Karl Marble
Unix Administrator & Webmaster
Information Services
City of Worcester, Massachusetts USA
mailto:marblek_at_city.ci.worcester.ma.us