SUMMARY: Replacing a SCSI Controller Card...

From: Cenon B.C. Marana, Jr. <bonn_at_durian.usc.edu.ph>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 16:51:07 +0800 (HKT)

Thanks to the following Digital people who gave their comments ...

Matt Thomas <thomas_at_lkg.dec.com>
Alan Rollow <alan_at_nabeth.cxo.dec.com>
Dr. Tom Blinn <tpb_at_zk3.dec.com>

My original question:

> I am planning to upgrade my SCSI Controller Card (Adaptec 1742A -EISA) on
> a DEC 2000/300 system and replace it with an Adaptec 2742 EISA card...
>
> The following devices have been connected to the current card (AHA 1742A):
>
> a.) An RZ28B (2Gb)
> b.) A CD ROM drive
> c.) A Seagate Hawk drive (2Gb)
>
> Has anybody tested such setup (or had similar experiences) like this one?
>
> If yes, will it have any negative consequences on the devices connected
> (will I have to setup or reconfigure the devices connected)?

Digital UNIX doesn't support the Adaptec 274x SCSI Controller Card
family...

Oh well... <sigh>

Best regards,
Bonn