TZ867 on a ALPHASERVER 2100

From: Dick Abraham <abrahad_at_govonca.gov.on.ca>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 19:02:11 -0500

I have a TZ867 tape drive stacker which until now has been connected to a
DECsystem 5000/240 Ultrix Box.

I want to install it on our new server an ALPHASERVER 2100 5/250. It shows
up at the console command sho dev as mkc200 and properly identifies as
a TZ867, there is second entry showing up of JKC200 identified as TZ.

When I try MAKDEV tz17, the nrmt and rmt devices are created, but when
I try to access the tape drive I get a no such address or device error
message.

Does anyone have a TK867 commected to a 2100 or know what I may be
doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Richard Abraham