Daylight saving time change

From: Guy Dallaire <dallaire_at_total.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 1997 15:37:31

Hello,

What will happen to scheduled cron jobs (jobs scheduled between 2 and 3 AM)
when the clock will be re-adjusted for daylight saving time ? Will they be
skipped when the clock will advance ?

Also, I was wondering if there could be problems with my oracle database ?
It's in archivelog mode, I wonder what would happen if my DB crashed and I
had to recover until XX:YY:ZZ ? There is no problem this time because we
advance the time, but when it goes back one hour and the crash occurs, say
at 1:30 AM (after the time change, that is the SECOND 1:30 AM), how do you
recover until this SECOND 1:30 AM ? Puzzling isn't it ?

Thanks.

Guy Dallaire
dallaire_at_total.net

"God only knows if god exists"