IMAPD with Pine

From: Glen MacLarty <marty_at_dstc.uts.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 11:43:19 +1000 (EST)

Hi peoples...

I have been having a irritating problem with Pine and IMAP for a while,
after getting no response from pine newsgroup, I thought I'd go to the
big boys...

I am running IMAPD over four DEC machines using Pine to open the mail
folder on the remote server.

.rhosts have been set up to disable the prompting for a password when
pine opens the inbox, and was working fine until about three weeks after
IMAP was installed.

This problem is not server wide however. After creating a new account,
pine worked fine with no login/password prompted, but after starting
netscape, which uses POP, the password and login is prompted whenever
pine is started.

I have looked through .pinerc and can't see anything that would cause
this...

Any ideas anyone...

tia

marty

+ Glen "Marty" MacLarty +
+ Systems Administrator +
+ DSTC - University of Technology, Sydney +
+ Phone : 61 2 9514 2039 +
+ Email : marty_at_dstc.uts.edu.au +