SUMMARY: Watch open files

From: C.J. Bol <bol_at_GisSrv.IenD.WAU.NL>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 12:03:06 +0200

Thanks for the overwhelming number of responses.
Most of them suggested using lsof. However this program only lists open
files, and not the files opened just temporary during startup of a program.

But there was one response pointing to a program called trace, that lists
all systemcalls of a specified process. This was the program I was looking
for.
It can be found at
ftp://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/alpha-trace-1.25.tar.Z

Thanks again for all who responded to my question.

Original Question: