Q: Where do I get "official" patches for DEC software ?

From: Guy Dallaire <dallaire_at_total.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 13:34:59 -0400

Hello,

I've found the public digital FTP site where you can download patches for
the OS. But I cannot find a site where you can download software patches
for software other than the OS proper. For example, where could I get
patches for Polycenter Scheduler, or DECSafe, or the HSZ40, etc... ?

I'm trying to get a DSNLink account in Canada, but I am having a VERY TOUGH
time getting the contracts representative to issue an ID for our site... I
figure that the DEC "contract service" ftp site provides other types of
patches to registered users, is it ?

I've also reached the 'atlanta' ftp site, but all the files are hidden
there, and they are in the process of buildinf setld patch kits for DU.
Anyway, I prefer to use an official and documented method to obtain
patches. Is there a site listing all the IMPORTANT (or MANDATORY) patches
available to version X of software Y ? How do you get informed about patch
releases ?

                                        Thanks in advance

P.S.: I received flames for posting an attachment in one of my previous
summaries. I am sorry if some of you got irritated by that (I admit that I
should have at least reduced the size of the attachment) and I will not do
that in the future.

Guy Dallaire
dallaire_at_total.net

"God only knows if god exists"